February 21, 2017
Village of Big Bend Library Board
W230S9185 Nevins Street
Big Bend, WI
Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm.
Present: Bobbi Woppert, Leah Fickau, Deanna Quirk, Cathy Bronk, Kathy Schneider, Linda Soneberg, and Tekla Fingland.
Also present: Karla Lang
Minutes for approval.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Deanna to approve the January 17, 2017 minutes. Motion carried.
Treasurers Report. The Board went over the Treasurers report. Motion made by Deanna seconded by Cathy to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Kathy to approve the Accounts Payable. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Deanna seconded by Linda to approve the annual report to the State. Motion carried.
Library Fund Balance. The Board directed Karla to get a list of approved banks and their rates from Brad. Tekla and Linda will review and come back to the Board with the best option. No other action was taken at this time.
Evaluation of Library Director. The Board decided that the entire Board does not need to do the evaluation. Tekla and Linda will fill out the evaluation sheets as well as review the sheets that Karla handed out to the staff and bring the results back to the Board. No other action was taken.
Bridges Library System Directors letter. The Board discussed the letter. No other action was taken at this time.
- The library was busy with an increase in patrons of 24% from 2015 to 2016.
- The visit by Celine Tan Robertson went very well. There were approximately 30 people there.
- Sadie the recue dog is coming to Story Hour on March 1st.
- Mary Jean is doing another reading program with the schools in the Village in support of National Literacy Week.
- Ales N Tales, the winter adult reading program is going very well.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Deanna to adjourn. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:30 pm.