January 16, 2018
Village of Big Bend Library Board
W230 S9185 Nevins Street
Big Bend WI 53103
Meeting called to order at 6:33 pm
Present: Telka Fickland, Leah Fickau, Deanna Quirk, Linda Soneberg, Bobbi Woppert, and Cathy Bronk.
Absent: Kathy Schneider
Also present: Karla Lang
The Board skipped to #4 on the agenda, the presentation regarding the State Investment Fund so the Village Clerk could leave. After the Clerk left the Board continued to discuss the Fund.
–Motion made by Cathy seconded by Deanna to go with the LGIP for investment of the moneys gifted to the library. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Deanna seconded by Leah to recommend to the Village Board to create a Resolution to invest the amount of the money gifted to the library into the LGIP. Motion carried.
Minutes for approval.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Linda to approve the December 19, 2017 minutes. Motion carried.
Treasurers Report. The Board went over the Treasurers Report.
— Motion made by Deanna seconded by Leah to approve the Treasurers Report. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Linda seconded by Cathy to approve the bills. Motion carried.
· The library carpet has been cleaned and window film was donated for the top of the windows by Ellen Cole.
· There was a very informative presentation by Randy Kohl about creating a Dementia Friendly Community.
· In February there will be a talk from a pharmacist regarding taking medications safely.
· The new winter reading program has begun. It is called Game of Gnomes.
· On Tuesday February 13th Mary Jean is putting on a tea academy, Downtown Abby style at 6:30 pm.
· Our new WiFi hot spot is ready to be checked out.
Library Fund Balance. This was taken up at the beginning of the meeting.
Authorization of the Library Board President to approve and sign the WDPI Public Library Annual Report
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Deanna to authorize the Library Board President to approve and sign the WDPI Public Library Annual Report. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Linda seconded by Deanna to adjourn. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:33.