January 17, 2017
Village of Big Bend Library Board
W230S9185 Nevins Street
Big Bend, WI
Meeting called to order at 6:30 pm.
Present: Bobbi Woppert, Leah Fickau, Deanna Quirk, Cathy Bronk, and Kathy Schneider. Linda Soneberg and Tekla Fingland were excused.
Also present: Karla Lang
In Tekla’s absence, Leah made a motion seconded by Bobbi to have Deanna chair the meeting. Motion carried.
At this point, the Board skipped to item D, Discussion of New Software for 2017 Budget, so that Brad could go back to his training. Brad explained to the Board how the new accounting software in the Village will affect the library. The reports will be much easier to read and information that Karla will need for the annual reports to the system will be much easier to get. He also touched on item E, Library Fund Balance, suggesting that the Board put some of the reserve funds into CDs.
Minutes for approval.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Cathy to approve the December 20, 2016 minutes as corrected. Motion carried.
Treasurers Report. The Board went over the Treasurers report. Motion made by Leah seconded by Kathy to approve the Treasurer’s report. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Kathy to approve the Accounts Payable. Motion carried.
Changes to Notice of Availability of Public Records regarding charges for copies.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Cathy to amend the Notice of Availability of Public Records to change the charge from $.10 per copy to $.25 per copy for open records. Motion carried.
–Motion made by Cathy seconded by Leah to change the charge for black & white copies to $.15 and that color copies stay at $.25. Motion carried. One abstain/Kathy.
Library Fund Balance. The committee decided to discuss this when we have a full committee.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Cathy to table until we have a full committee. Motion carried.
• The Library started an adult reading program called Ales N Tales.
• Story group has resumed with 16 babies and toddlers and 12 adults.
• There will be a monthly music jam on the seconded Thursday of each month.
• Book Club has resumed. Celine Tan Robertson, author of As the Bamboo Shoots will be at the Tuesday February 7th book club to give a talk and sign her book.
• Cathy Bronk will be teaching a first aid class on February 20th at 6:00 pm
• There will also be a food drive for the Muskego Food Pantry in February.
• The new librarian, Karen Challis, has started on Monday afternoons
• Total circulation in 2016 was up 23.9%.
• Patrons will soon be able to use their credit cards on line to pay fines.
–Motion made by Leah seconded by Cathy to adjourn. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.